Sunday, April 30, 2006

Some Hearts

*sigh* well it's kind of been one of those weeks. You know what kind of week I mean? The week that seems to drag on forever, but they're still aren't enough hours in the day to do what you have to do. With graduation just around the corner I really just need a break. So do I ever get that break? Surprisingly I do. Different from other semester's I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I think knowing that I don't have to go back in the fall is a huge weight off of my shoulders. It's just not a summer anymore though, it's going to be a job search time. Also different from other semester's is that my boyfriend is able to relax me. Just being able to be with him relaxes me. There's just something about him that I'm able to forget about everything else. Ok, those of you that know me, know I am a huge fan of the last American Idol, Carrie Underwood. She's coming locally to our New York State Fair in August...tickets go on sale this coming Saturday, so I thought what would be better then to use her latest single, "Some Hearts," to describe how I am feeling. I think it fits just about perfectly. I've never been the kind that you'd call lucky Always stumbling' around in circles But I must have stumbled into something Look at me Am I really alone with you I wake up feeling like my life's worth living Can't recall when I last felt that way Guess it must be all this love you're giving Never knew never knew it could be like this He talks, I can't help but smile. His scent is addicting. I can't help but to think about him everyday. Just a simple word makes me smile. The thoughts bring another smile to my face. I miss him more and more with each passing day. I'd love to see him everyday. Just to lay in his arms and fall asleep. Look into his eyes and get lost. It's been awhile since I've felt anything like this. It's strong. It's intoxicating. I can't help myself. I can't control my own feelings. I just want to kiss him and hold him and make the rest of the world disappear. The time we are together, everything seems good and right. Everything does disappear and the world is just better. Some hearts They just get all the right breaks Some hearts have the stars on their side Some hearts, They just have it so easy Some hearts just get lucky sometimes Some hearts just get lucky, lucky sometimes My heart pounds at his simple touch. It yearns to hold him all the time. I can't help it. He consumes my mind from morning to night. I sit there and smile. I can't help it. I want his hand in mine. I just want to be with him. We don't have to be doing anything and I still have a good time. My hearts been broken too many times, so it's always taken me awhile to learn to trust people. He's different. I look into his eyes and I know it's there. Now who'd have thought someone like you could love me You're the last thing my heart expected Who'd have thought I'd ever find somebody Someone who makes me feel like this I don't think my heart was completely ready for this feeling. I was concentrating on making it through to graduation, and then he was there. Not trying to impress me. What you see is what you get. I didn't feel pressured. I didn't feel uncomfortable. For the first time in a long time it felt right. The days dragged on before we would see each other again...the time we are together goes by too fast. The way he looks at me sends shivers down my spine. I've come to realize... Even hearts like mine Get lucky, lucky sometimes My hearts found what it's been longing for. For once I am completely content at where I am in life. Just the simple thought of it brings tears to my eyes and puts a lump in my throat. After what I've been through it's very hard to even think about love, especially after not even 2 months of dating. But I can't help.... Previously I posed the question is it love? No doubt about it anymore...it really is :)

No comments: