Monday, April 10, 2006

Words...

So sometimes there are just not enough words that can be expressed on a certain subject. Let's take golf for example. How much can you really say about golf? For me it would consist of "Hey he made par," or maybe even "A hole in one...that doesn't happen often." I know even less about tennis. I wouldn't be able to hold a 3 sentence conversation about tennis. So what's this all leading up to? Well I've mentioned in previous posts that I'm not that great at expressing my feelings. I've always been the type to hide in my little shell until I feel better. The communications courses I've taken at Utica and HCCC have really helped me open up and talk to people. I'm much more open with my mom then I used to be. We discuss just about everything with each other. I think being a DJ has been a life changing thing for me. Being behind a mic is a lot different then being on a television for thousands to see. People only know me by voice most of the time. Unless I go out to a remote or anything and meet some of the listeners. I'm just a voice. I'm someone that probably works at their favorite radio station and gives them chances to be win prizes and let's them request their favorite songs. I'm just behind a mic. It's where I'm comfortable being. It wasn't always like that, but I'm glad I got to the point where I realize that this is what I love doing. So sometimes there aren't enough words to express what you're feeling. When it comes to my personal life I get that way. Don't ask me why, but I'm not all that great at expressing my feelings. I only express it to the people that I think need to know it. My family doesn't need to know, some friends don't need to know, co-workers don't need to know. I express my feelings more in actions then words, it's easier for me. That's all I'm going to say about that... So with 34 days left until I graduate, it's actually going okay. I got a 95 on the test I took last Friday. I was so excited today when I got it back. I couldn't believe it...I thought I bombed on it. Another test Wednesday afternoon...then we're heading into finals time soon. It's never ending. I just can't wait until it's all over and I don't have to take any more tests or go to any more classes. I just keep thinking it's really almost over. As far as work is concerned...I'm working another holiday which is really exciting for me!! I love filling in on holidays or whenever really. I get such a rush knowing that people are listening to me during the mid-day. So if you get it listen to Lite 98.7 on Friday from 10am-3pm. If you don't get it go online at www.lite987.com, we're streaming online and you can listen to me there!! Then I work Saturday 2pm-8pm and Sunday 3pm-7pm. A long weekend for me, but it's well worth it...I love working these long weekends. It's 15 hours this weekend alone...it's great. How many people get to say they like working like that? I love being able to say that about my job. Every day is different. You go in there not knowing if you're going to have a ton of problems during your shift or if you are going to sound amazing on that day. You don't know if you're going to have a cold and not be able to sound "normal." You don't know if you'll lose your voice and sound like complete shit on the air. I've been through all that...and I'm still here...so it's just great to know that I love my job and it's something different every day. Anyway...off to the wonderful world of homework... DJ Queen signing off... :)

No comments: