Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Bad Day...

Cause you had a bad day You're taking one down You sing a sad song just to turn it around You say you don't know You tell me don't lie You work at a smile and you go for a ride You had a bad day The camera don't lie You're coming back down and you really don't mind You had a bad day You had a bad day This song from Daniel Powter really fits me today. It's been one of those days. I've cryed off and on all day because of a text message I received this afternoon. It was from my boyfriend. So I called him and found out that apparently I'm being taken off the All 80's Saturday Night. I know why it's happening. He needs me to work earlier in the day on Saturdays. Okay, now if I had been contacted by my boss, the program director, then I don't think I would have a huge problem with this. What bothers me is that I was blindsided by the whole thing. No one said a damn word to me...I think he should have talked to me about it first. Maybe that's just the way I would do things. I am his employee...so I guess I don't have much of a say. I feel I've come a long way since I started at Lite 2 1/2 years ago. Overnights, to days on the weekends, to fill ins to the all 80's saturday night. I love those 4 hours of requests. It's great music and you talk to amazing people. I've heard that there was talk between the full timers a couple months ago and they said that I sounded great on the 80's. I like being able to go off format a little and take requests and play music we don't normally play. You stand in the line just to hit a new low You're faking a smile with the coffee to go You tell me your life's been way off line You're falling to pieces everytime And I don't need no carryin' on So am I upset that my boyfriend is going to be the new full-time host of the 80's? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't. I'm happy for him though. He deserves this...and he's been really amazing about it. He called me as soon as he found out...and anyone else wouldn't have done that. So really I am happy for him. I know he'll do a great job...I will get to see him every Saturday now, and maybe I'll stay with him during the 80's, because right now I don't care what my boss says about that part of it. I'm still bitter...can't help it yet...so I try to hide it and let a smile slide out every once in a while...don't know if it's real or fake...so have you had a bad day? Cause you had a bad day You're taking one down You sing a sad song just to turn it around You say you don't know You tell me don't lie You work at a smile and you go for a ride You had a bad day The camera don't lie You're coming back down and you really don't mind You had a bad day You had a bad day

No comments: