Thursday, April 27, 2006

So it's almost the end...

Can anyone say stress? I can't say it without having my heart beat increasing, my palms getting all sweaty and feeling like I want to pass out. I finished my 10 page paper, my 20 page paper, one of the take home tests, and all the other homework. I have a presentation tomorrow in my fieldwork class, but that should be easy. I have two take home tests I will be getting tomorrow that will be due in a week or so. Then I have another presentation next week on my 20 page paper, which is going to be kind of hard. Then I have a final, then I'm done. Who would have thought that 4 years of college would come down to this? Or better, yet who would have thought that being in school for 18 years would come down to this? I started at the age of 3 in school and now I'm 21. Yeah...that's a long time to be in school. Now facing the real world, everyone wants to know what my future plans are. I don't have a clue. It's scary thinking about going out into the world and applying for jobs. I know college graduates who come out and think they are hot shit and are going to get the best job out there. I have worked my ass off to get where I am. My resume is strong, in my opinion anyway, so I guess it's time to start the search. There are openings in the local area and I'm working on an aircheck to send out and see if that might lead to anything. I don't know...but I have to step up to the plate. It's time. Moving on to WIBX. It's been a very busy and exhausting week there. Sunday afternoon I covered a local event. Got some sound bytes went back wrote the story. Last night I covered a pretty big county legislative meeting, went back and did the same thing. Didn't get home until a little after 10, and I was very tired. Tonight I'm covering two events, one somewhere where I don't know how the hell to get there. Then I have to go back and write and edit those. It's going to be another long night. Followed my another long day tomorrow. Long but satisfying...won't go into details on that :) Then a weekend full of working again...did I mention stress? So on the Lite end of things...things are going well. We're in the middle of our Prada Purse Giveaway. We're giving away 5 original prada purses stuffed with great prizes and cash. It's exciting, I just wish more people would call in on the weekends when they hear their names, it's not exciting when you don't get to tease them a little...lol. So some of you might wonder if I'm over the whole 'Bad Day' thing from a few posts earlier. Oh yeah...it's cool. I still have my 'regulars' calling me earlier in the day and I still sneak some songs on for them once in awhile (shh...don't tell anyone ;)) As long as I'm able to be on the radio...I don't care what time it is. That's the bottom line. I plan on sticking on Lite for the time being after I graduate. I can't imagine leaving just yet. I think once the 'perfect' job comes along somewhere else, then I'll have to consider it. So it's almost the end isn't it? Geez...where has the time gone?

No comments: