Thursday, May 04, 2006

What is wrong with me?

Such an easy question to ask, but such a hard question to answer. I'm sure that all of you can relate to being stressed at one point. I hit my limit last week...and this week has been very mellow for the most part. Today I had a final presentation for one of my classes and it was very laid back and relaxed. Then I came home and had a Smirnoff...that really relaxed me. Now I'm hanging on by a thread. lol...CSI and Without A Trace are both new tonight...have to watch those of course. Graduation is in 10 days. Do you think it's hit yet? Kind of...the real world is looming right there. I have two part time jobs for when I get out. One is going to be nights during the week...the other is going to be weekends, so I know stress will be coming from that at some point. You know what I think is kind of scaring me? The fact that I have no idea what I'm going to be doing in say 5 years. I know I need to find something full time...and fast. I need benefits...I need to pay bills...I have those needs too. So should I be more excited about graduation? I probably should...but I can't help but focus on what has to happen after graduation. Ok--that's not what's really bothering me when I said What's wrong with me? You know, at the start of every relationship there is a feeling of insecurity I guess. Whether it's a boyfriend/girlfriend thing, or a friendship, or whatever. There's always the "what if" factor. I can't help it, it always runs through my mind. I guess that's why it takes awhile to earn my trust. Being 21 now, I have focused so strongly on school for so long that I missed what it was like to be held or that feeling of looking in someone's eyes and just seeing it there. Now I just can't seem to get enough. You ever have one of those relationships? If you've lived close together then you probably never have...but I think this is one that I dove headfirst into. Good or bad? Hasn't been bad yet...I've loved every minute of it (except when we're not together.) There's just that feeling of knowing that someone else feels the same way about you as you do about them. Am I crazy? Oh probably...and is there anything wrong with me? Well ask anyone around me and they'd have an answer :) But I still look at what I have coming around the corner after graduation...I think I'm pretty damn lucky. I have a couple jobs lined up that will get me started. I've got a guy right now who is there for me. And of course I'm happy...what more could I ask for right now? So what is wrong with me? Got an answer? Would love to hear it...

No comments: