Monday, May 22, 2006

Love Will Come Back

There's a new song out by Chicago. It's been running through my head for a few days and I know why. It's called "Love Will Come Back." It's a great tune...and it really just kind of fits me right now. You'll see what I mean in a little bit. I don’t love you anymore We’ve all heard those words before Somebody takes your heart and then Leaves you the pieces I've been out of the whole "dating cycle" for a couple of years. It's not that I didn't want someone...trust me, there were times I just needed that shoulder to cry on or just wanted to be laying in someone's arms with nothing else to care about. It's the fact that I had so much shit going on. I was working non-stop and school was still a priority for me. Then of course there was the last relationship. He tried to change who I was. I was young and stupid and of course gullable. Until I found out the truth, and that was it. I wasn't going to let someone take my heart again...not unless I was sure. I wasn't going to go through it again. Thus...the trouble with trust. Sure, I went on dates with people in those two years...but I don't think I went out a second time with any of them. Then someone came along who could change all that. Lying shattered on the floor They say that when you close a door Another one is waiting there For you to open... if you believe! It's when I wasn't looking or caring if I had someone there...that I found it. Was it part of some plan? Probably...it was obviously time for me to start to move on. I'm not saying I dwelled on the break up for two years, but I wasn't ready to deal with anything. I wanted time alone...wanted to think...wanted to cry. Earlier this year I looked back on it and I got so angry...not upset. I think that was my cue that I was ready to put it all behind me. Yes...you might think I'm stupid for thinking about it for two years...but love is always hard to get over. For me anyway...I moved on, and that anger has suddenly turned to acceptance. There was a reason I went through that. I learned a hell of a lot about love and relationships. Love will come back Hit you when you least expect it Fill in the cracks Of a broken heart you thought That you could never mend You, you can start again! Suddenly...I find myself in love and happy. You ask me when these feelings started again and I can't answer that. All I know is...I'm happy. It's been awhile since I've been this happy. I talk to friends who are out "looking" for someone, and I give this piece of advice, "don't." It'll find you. When it's meant to be...it's meant to be. I know that can sound corny and cliche...but to me it's completely true. Love hit me when I least expected it to. Oh, when you think you’ve lost the only way All you really need Is a little faith Faith...I knew that everything was going to happen for a reason. I meet the wrong people to get to the right. And along this road we call life...we learn a lot of things. Love is one of them. You have to learn to love...and I'm far better off now... Just let love return to you You can start again!

No comments: