Friday, May 26, 2006

The First Week

So my first week of working 3 jobs is kind of officially over. I know you say it's Friday...but usually (if all goes as planned) I get Friday's off...which is good. I don't always get them off though...but when I do, I take advantage of it. Slept until 11 today...lol...yeah that's taking advantage of it!! Although this weekend on Saturday I have to put 3 hours in for WIBX and 7 hours for Lite. Then Sunday, 4 hours for Lite and 3 hours at the nursing home. Then Monday, Memorial Day, I have to put in 5 hours for Lite and a few for WIBX. Then Tuesday through Thursday doing more reporting for WIBX. I know when the money starts coming in I might be able to see that it's worthwhile...but now I'm just tired and wondering if I'll be able to keep doing this. So I've been asked by a few people...when do you have time to see your boyfriend? Uh...I don't? We spent last weekend together because I knew it would be awhile before we got to do that again. He's working a lot too, so it just boils down to making the most of the time we do get to see each other. Plus it's kind of hard with gas prices the way they are and us not living that close to each other. So it's raining out now...kind of fits my mood today. I'm drinking my coffee and letting my mind wander to places that it probably shouldn't. My parents are out of town for the holiday weekend so therefore I have to deal with my little sister all by myself. She's 18, but she acts like she's still 12. Drives me completely nuts. Like my family's been doing lately. My mom worries about my jobs, my boyfriend, my life...and I just want to tell her to leave me alone. I know she's a mom and it's her job...but it's irritating. I know she cares about me and is only looking out for me, but I'm 21 and it is my life. She's not able to change it. My dad is a little more acceptable about everything that my mom worries about. You think it would be the other way around because I'm "daddy's little girl." He seems to trust me and think I'll make the right decisions. My mom and I have drifted apart lately. I don't tell her as much as I used to. In some way I think I'm trying to grow up and live my life and she's still trying to hold me back. Maybe I just need to get out and get my own apartment and then maybe we'll grow closer because we aren't living together 24/7. I know I grew closer to my older sister when she moved away to college. Now it's more like we're friends who can talk about anything, then sisters. I love that feeling. It's someone I can always count on to be there for me when I need to talk. Anyway these are just a few things that have been on my mind lately. I don't know when another post will be coming because I am going to be so damn busy this coming week. But maybe a time will open up when I'll be able to let you know how the fun filled holiday weekend went! Catch ya on the flip side! :)

No comments: