Sunday, June 25, 2006

Here I am...

So here I am on a Sunday after a nice litle nap sitting here and thinking, which is always a scary thought. I was spoiled and had Friday and Saturday off this past week. So because of that I shouldn't be complaining about having to work today. It wasn't a bad day...just tiring. We had a remote going on so that kept me busy for a little while. But boy was I exhausted. I know getting home at 1:30 in the morning might have had something to do with that...but I still got 6 or so hours of sleep. I've noticed a trend lately. I get much tired easier then I used to. I take more naps then I used to also. I guess that's welcome to the real world right there. Of course many people in the real world don't work 3 jobs and don't have to work 6 or 7 days a week. I got to see many of my family members and relatives and friends this weekend with my sister's high school graduation. Many of them all said the same thing, "Don't overwork yourself or burn yourself out." I normally reassured them that I was ok, but I've gotten to the point where I don't even want to get off my lazy ass to go into work anymore. Is that sad or what? I mean I've only been doing this for 6 or so weeks, and I'm already at that point. I ran into one of my old professors last week and she said I looked great and she was happy she got to watch me grow over the last 2 years that she's known me. But she said the same thing to me. Don't overwork yourself. She said "In a field like this, you can burn out really quickly if you don't take time away from it all." She was referring to the reporting end of things. I'm not covering those late breaking types of stories though that would probably be more likely to receive burn out. So I was at work today and feeling like lately the world has been moving past at warp speed. I sleep, work, and sometimes eat, then I do it all over again. So my insanity level is at it's highest, and I saw this in one of our show prep's in the studio and I laughed and thought I would share it. I think I might try some of these sometimes...lol How To Keep A Healthy Level of Insanity At The Office: At lunch time, sit in your parked car with sunglasses on and point a blow dryer at passing cars. See if they slow down. Page yourself over the intercom. Don't disguise your voice. Every time someone asks you to do something, ask if they wants fries with that. Put your grabage can on your desk and label it "in." As often as possible, skip rather then walk. Ask people what sex they are. Laugh hysterically after they answer. Specify in fast food drive-thrus that your order is "to go." Sing along at the opera. Go to a poetry recital and ask why the poems don't rhyme. Drape mosquito netting over your cubicle and play a tape of jungle sounds all day. Insist that your co-workers addrss you by your wrestling name, Rock Hard Kim. When leaving the zoo, run towards the parking lot, screaming "They're loose! They're loose!" Tell your children over dinner, "Due to the economy, we're going to have to let one of you go." Regardless of their actual name, call your boss LeRoy. So do you think you could use one of those at your office or anywhere really? Make people think that the workplace has really drove you over the deep end. lol..yeah sounds good to me. But anyway, having 2 days off was nice, but in a way i wish i hadn't...because now I know what it feels like to almost have a "weekend" and I want that again. So no school anymore means no homework, but being out of school means working your ass off to try to find a full time job so you can quit all the part time jobs...yeah, nothing comes easy, especially in this field. Finding a job isn't all that easy in the broadcasting field. I keep telling people I'm looking...and I am...but I don't have much time to do that either. When I'm home I want to relax and do nothing for sometime, but no one seems to understand that. Well to everyone that doesn't understand where I'm coming from...just bite me...it's been a long day...

No comments: