Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Does Love Exist?

So I pose a simple yet not so simple question to everyone who either is in love now or has been in love at some point: Does love actually exist? I've heard a lot of different people. I look around and see couples holding hands and happy. You can tell when they are in love. I've been told recently that I "have the glow of love." There's just times I can't stop smiling and that certain person is on my mind all day every day. So maybe I should start out with an easier question: What is love? If you've ever been in love you know the feeling you get. It's that feeling in the bottom of your stomach and never getting enough of a person. Love is something very special. Then I look at other people. They claimed they were in "love." If people are in "love" then why do they hurt each other? People cheat on people all the time. Divorces happen every day. If you look at the statistics it makes it hard to believe in love. Some people say Love can't die. The truth is...it can. Love is that special feeling that you are able to share with another person. It doesn't always last forever...nothing lasts forever. I am able to look at my parents and all of my relatives and know that love is real and love is there. The proof is in the fact that they are still all together. My parents for 27 years...I'm one of the lucky ones who gets to see that and know that love is for real. You don't always find it the first time...but in my opinion of course love exists. I don't think the world would go around without it. But I still pose the question to you...Does love actually exist?

No comments: