Sunday, June 11, 2006

Overnight Issues

So I was stuck at the station this weekend doing two (count them...TWO) overnights. The first one was ok and went pretty smoothly. I was training someone so I had company for a little bit. It always helps when you have someone to talk to and you're not all alone in the building. Well I wasn't all alone anyway. Just down the hall my boyfriend was sleeping (lucky him, right?) Now on my second overnight of the weekend, he is yet again down the hall sleeping but I'm all alone in the studio. This is the last place I want to be right now. I am TIRED...I want to go home cuddle up in my bed with my kitty and my blanket and just be able to go off peacefully to dreamland. I have a few more hours before that is going to happen. When I get really tired I get cranky and emotional...it's just the way I have always been. You don't even want to talk to me in person right now because I would probably bite your head off. So anyway, I'm sitting here...with not enough caffeine in my obviously because I want to go to sleep. Although my hands are shaking a little so I don't know if I have two much caffeine or not enough. Plus I don't feel good. I ache all over from being tired. And to top it all off I can't help but cry. I know it's stupid...but I said I get emotional when I'm tired. So here I am crying like an idiot and trying to talk on the radio...it's a good thing that no one listens on an overnight anyway. And for once I don't give a damn what I sound like. I'm not focused on anything except making it through and getting out of here and home in one piece. Then a few other things run through my mind...making me think about other things. It's a viscious cycle...and it keeps repeating itself it seems. Yeah, I think I talk a lot when I'm tired too. Anyway, I need to stay wake someone...drinking caffeine!! Until next time...as long as there is a next time...

No comments: