Sunday, June 18, 2006

How about a vacation?

So I've only been an actual "working girl" for a month now. I'm just plain worn out already. I just finished my 15 day working stretch yesterday...I get today off then it's back to it tomorrow...but at least this week I get Friday and Saturday off. I'm getting to the point where my panic attacks are ready to come back. For those of you that don't know, it was probably a couple years ago that I started having panic attacks when I was working at the nursing home because of all the drama and shit that went on there. They were nothing that posed a risk to myself really, my heart would just start racing, my vision would become blurred, my breath would become shortened. Whenever that happened I would go somewhere quiet and just stop everything. It normally only happened while I was at work, but a few times I had a couple at home. It was all because of one of the co-workers that I used to have. She was friends with my supervisor so nothing would have been done. So I went over my supervisors head and talked to our boss about it. Things started to change after that, and not long after things changed for good when my co-worker quit. Moral of the story, I'm realizing that I'm starting to get to that point where I'm having a hard time dealing. There's not that drama and stuff going on like there used to be, but I'm not able to sleep at night, I cry at almost any argument I get in with my family, I'm cranky more often then I used to be. I'm afraid I really will burn out if I don't start to learn to say No when people ask me to work. Mainly at this I mean the nursing home. She's nice to me whenever she needs me to work, and I'm stupid enough to say yes. I need the money...that's what I keep thinking. Yeah...I may need the money, but I my health is kind of important too. So relaxing is on top of my agenda now, but it's so damn hard. I have so much shit I need to get done...and so little time. I just want to disappear at some point. Have you ever felt that way? So I just need to look into some type of vacation to do nothing but relax and sleep. Doesn't that sound good? If only that would ever happen. I can't afford to take a vacation either...makes it kind of difficult...but I'm hoping by the end of the summer I'll have enough to do something or go somewhere. I would even just settle for taking time off from work and staying home to sleep in and do nothing. But anyway...I've made an executive decision. As scary as that sounds...I'm going to start to take some time for myself. After pushing myself for the past 15 days I know if I keep this up I'll have to deal with those damn panic attakcs again and that is really the last thing that I need right now. I have enough on my plate as it is. But one saying keeps running through my mind. "God doesn't put more on your plate then you can handle." So I can handle it, I just have to prioritize a little more I think. It's been a wake up call to me when I felt a panic attack coming on a couple days ago...now the goal is to find a way to deal with everything without burning out or over working myself again. I'll keep you posted...

No comments: