Friday, October 26, 2007

Obsessed?

Well there's been some debate whether or not I'm obsessed with this new Carrie Underwood CD.

Definition of obsessed: Verb: To have the mind excessively preoccupied with a single emotion or topic.

Ok so maybe seeing as how many of my posts lately have revolved around Carrie you might say "yeah she's more then obsessed." And maybe you might say that I have listened to her new CD 7 times in the past 2 1/2 days that yeah I must be obsessed. Or possibly you're thinking that since her songs have been in my head for the past couple days that I am over the top obsessed.

Well I'll have you know that I am a "dedicated Carrie fan"...as Rich pointed out...although the next day he did point out that he thought I was a little obsessed. Well I am going to share with you the reason this CD is amazing and that I know most of the words to most of the songs. How can you resist the sound of Carrie and the message she sends? I know I'll make Rich listen to it at some point. :) He can't get out of this one...lol...but a few lyrics below, although you can't put any context behind it without the actual song there, but listen to some of these words, it's just awesome!! And so what if I am obsessed? I'm ok with it!!

"I'm flat on the floor with my head down low, where the sky can't rain on me anymore, don't knock on my door 'cause I won't come, I'm hiding from the storm till the damage gets done."

"Now he's wrapped around her finger, she's the center of his whole world, and his heart belongs to that sweet little, beautiful, wonderful, perfect, all-american girl."

"Let's get out of this town tonight, nothing but dust in the shadows, gone by the morning light somewhere, we won't ever get caught, ever be found, baby, let's get out of this town."

"And I don't even know his last name, my mama would be so ashambed, it started off 'hey cutie where ya from,' and then it turned into 'oh no what have I done,' and I don't even know his last name."

"You can hold any girl that you like, fall in love when it's easy at night, but you'll wake up wondering why, she ain't ever something better, when you're lost and you've run out of road, find what I already know, in the end, close is all there is."

"It's not like I'm not trying, 'cause I'll give anyone a shot once, and I close my eyes, and I kiss that frog, each time finding, the more boys I meet, the more I love my dog."

So those are just a few of the wonderful songs on this CD...my favorite you ask? While I'm addicted to "All-American Girl," "So Small," and "Just A Dream," but they by far aren't the only great songs on that CD!! So buy it!! That's my plea to the world, enjoy it as much as I am!! And now I'm out...probably to listen to it some more :)

No comments: