Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Maybe if I had 45 hours in a day...

So I'm editor this week at the paper. Typically this weeks are better and sometimes go by faster. And I don't have to come up with two stories a day. However, the publisher decided it would be fun to tell my editor to have me do a story in a day for Breast Cancer Awareness Month and a tab we're putting out this week on it. It's due tomorrow by noon. I couldn't get ahold of the person I need to talk to for the story so my editor and I both think the publisher is insane. I won't have time in the morning to do it with me being editor and trying to get pages put out by deadline. Ugh...why me?

I've been thinking about a vacation...yes again. I know the holidays are on their way, and for once I have them off. I will have Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years off. I've told the boss at the station I can't work, and I get them off from the paper anyway. All I wanna do is be able to spend time with Rich...but yet again...I know that won't happen. He's working most of the time. It sucks to not be able to spend time with the people you love on the holidays. My older sister most likely isn't coming home for Christmas again either this year...that's like the 3rd or 4th year in a row...it sucks!! But what I really want to do is take a vacation, either by myself or something, to clear my head. I need to take time away from my family, away from work, and even to some extent away from Rich. I'm getting irritated with a lot of things really easily. Soon I'll end up saying something I'm going to regret.

I keep telling myself that God doesn't put more on my plate then I can handle at one time...so why is this so difficult for me? I have a full-time job, a part-time job, a boyfriend, friends, and family to juggle each and every day. Some days are easier then others depending on what one thing does to irritate me. I need to find more ballance in my life, but I have no idea how. That's what I'm trying to work out. Easier said then done.

No comments: