Sunday, September 30, 2007

Ramblings

I guess I get what I deserve. I put myself through it week after week. I let myself get so upset and worked up about everything. Why for just one week can I not be totally and completely happy? The weekends I ususally look forward to, now they're just getting as bad as the week. Maybe I overanalyze everything. Maybe I'm being a little bit selfish. Maybe I need to start seriously thinking about what makes me happy in life. Not too many things step up to the challenge there anymore.

My life revolves around work. As much as I hate that, I can't change that right now. I can't afford to change that right now. There's other people who's lives do not revolve around work, but lately they don't seem to revolve around me either. Nothing I can do will change that because it is what it is.

My friends are the greatest people in the entire world. I think there's only one that I keep in contact with from high school but she's always there when I need her and vice versa. The friends I made in college are constantly there when I need someone to talk to or a shoulder to cry on. I just wish I had more time to see the people who truly and honestly care about me.

Everyone has priorities in their life. Whether they know that or not, people rate what they care about in order and sets a list of priorities. Sometimes it can be mentally and people may not even realize they have that list. However, people around realize what that list is just by watching and observing that person. My list is pretty simple. Of course after college the list changed for me because I no longer had schoolwork and such to mark as a priority. Work has always been one of my top priorities because I'm in this field and to advance I have to work hard and network with people who can help move me up that ladder. When I was in my second year of college I started working at Lite, and that jumped to the top of my list because I love to do it, that hasn't changed in the four years I've been working there. I remember saying many years ago in high school and college to my friends that my career would always come before any guy. I felt establishing myself in a career was more important then having some guy. As you can imagine that idea may change when you do in fact meet a guy. As it did for me. Rich quickly jumped to the top of my priorities because he always seemed to help me when I needed it and always seemed to be there for me. A year and a half later, I'm in love more then I thought possible, and I've realized that his set of priorities is different then mine. Maybe it's because he's so much older then me and had many more experiences then I have, but I had hoped that one thing would remain common. I guess I should have realized that he set his list of priorities awhile ago, and that's where they'll stay...

Just my ramblings for a Sunday morning, some things I needed to get out I guess...

No comments: