Sunday, September 16, 2007

Is there something wrong?

So it's past 1 in the morning and here I sit at my computer in my house, after just saying goodbye to Rich at the station. Not a big deal, right? But why do I come home and get online to post a blog? Especially since I was up at 7:30 this morning and 5 every morning this past week and have to get up semi-early tomorrow to work yet again...well the answer is complicated. One...I'm not tired, took a 2 hour nap today when Rich went to work. Two...I don't feel good. Three...I'm kinda down in the dumps. Let me explain.

So I had to drive about an hour today to a snowbash thing going on for the paper, had to take pictures and talk to people and all that fun stuff. It was cold, and it was raining, and I was completely miserable. When I left I was freezing and my ass was totally wet from the rain, despite me having my umbrella with me. Then I had to drive another hour to go to a Veteran Appreciation Day ceremony, which was really cool. It was still cold, but not as rainy and a little bit warmer I think. By the time I got home I was just plain miserable.

Then after two weeks I had the chance to go out with Rich again. Something that is typically very rare anyway. Usually when we get the chance to see each other, we're at work and can't do anything, or no one has money to do anything. We went mini-golfing to a new inside mini-golf place, which was ok, but very loud and crowded. I think we tied as far as scores.

So then he had to go to work and that's when I took my 2 hour nap, very nice I might add. I woke up and was freezing but felt more well rested. Then I had to go to the station to voicetrack for my Monday overnight shift. I did my show prep and voicetracked and then it was time for Rich to leave. It's the part that I never look forward to. Usually I know it's going to be at least a week before I get to see him again. Yeah he might do some fill-ins down here during the week, but when do I actually have time to do anything besides work during the week? I'm getting to the point where I dread my work weeks. The pressure of having two stories each day is beginning to make me crack, not to mention everything else associated with it...the long hours, the very low pay...is it at all worth it? I'm beginning to wonder.

Anyway, moving on...my nose has been running all night, could be associated with my allergies but I don't know. I've been freezing too. It has been cold today, only a high of like 57 or so, so maybe that's it, but I wonder if being out in the rain and cold today gave me a cold? ugh...man I hope not. My mom said a respitory infection thing is going around and her work and I catch everything that goes around so I really hope that that doesn't decide to grace me with its prescence as well.

The final thought I had for the day was it feels like there's more of goodbye then there is of actually seeing him. *sigh* Why is life so unfair sometimes? I'm beginning to wonder what the big master plan is for me. I guess at some time, hopefully in the near future, we'll see.

No comments: