Friday, September 21, 2007

Does it look like I have 48 hours in a day?

So work is pissing me off...yes I know what you're thinking, what's new? Yeah yeah...this time is different though. My editor has been busy working on special tabs for the paper...he's had like 5 of them to do this week alone, so I understand him being stressed and not able to do as much as he usually does. And typically I don't mind helping out, but this time was different. I had to do a couple pages this week on deadline, which we never actually made this week anyway. In addition to that, they wanted me to do some extra ones, so I did the entertainment page, the valley page, and the business page, then I was asked to do the people page, in what time? In addition to all this I needed to make some phone calls and do interviews, cover night meetings, write two stories for each day. So I didn't actually do the page, and I'm sure I'll hear about it tonight when I have to go back into work. I don't even make enough money to do my own job, let alone take on this extra responsibility of putting together pages. I'm ready to just say "screw you" and walk out on them. I know I can't, but I'm only one person, unless they clone me, I can't do everything they expect me to do.

Ok, so now that I've worked myself up again and gotten upset, let's move on to a lighter subject...that still involves work though. I have a 3-day weekend!! I am so excited!! I know I've only been back to work for 2 weeks after my week-long vacation but after this week I really need to rejuvanate, I'm hoping the extra day will do that to me. Plus I get to spend it with Rich...so I'm sure that'll make it even better.

Speaking of Rich, I get to see him today too!! It's gonna be four days in a row!! Maybe that'll be the rejuvanation I need. Plus tomorrow after my shift at Lite I'm going out with a friend who I never get to go out with, so it's gonna be a good couple of days I hope!! *crosses fingers*

Update from the last post, feeling better then I was...damn allergies are still bugging the hell out of me, but the mood was better...until the past couple of days. I'm wondering how much longer I can take all this, maybe after the long weekend I'll be able to handle it a little more...I'll keep you posted.

No comments: