Friday, September 14, 2007

Birthday

So it's the day after my birthday and if you read my last post you're probably wondering if I had a half-way decent day. Well I really did, for the most part. Got wonderful birthday wishes from many people. Even though I had to work, it wasn't bad. I had the night off so I went in to do my voicetracking and came home, ate dinner (chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, carrots), opened presents, and had cake. It was almost a perfect day...Almost.

I wonder sometimes why I can't stand my ground. Why I can go to my room and get pissed and talk about things that are bothering me, but I can't stand up to people. I prioritized my life a long time ago, where work always took the forefront before anything else, but in the recent year or so those priorities began to change. I found an amazing guy, graduated college and got my first full-time job, started paying my student loans, the changes keep piling on and yes the stress is there, and maybe my attitude can sometimes be blamed on that, but I've also determined I want more. Maybe not just more out of life, but more out of everything. I just wish some other people would change their priorities, because I'm starting to get tired of being left behind or feeling like I'm not needed.

Is it asking too much to want some time? Yes a journalist never has time. They cover everything and anything that needs to be covered, but even when I have down time is it too much to want to get away and do something else? I don't do that though. Who do I have to go out with anymore? I have a few close friends but most don't live very close so I can't just get up and go out and have a drink...and talk.

So anyway, that's my rant for the day after my birthday and here's another, I'm off to work for the night :( *sigh* sometimes I just don't know what to do anymore, any suggestions?

No comments: