Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year

So I haven't checked in in a month...and that's a long time for me. I've tried to check in at least every week...but lately work has had me hectic as ever. With the holidays, full timers of course are always off and that leaves us part time workers working more than ever...doing live shifts, voicetracking, writing news stories...seems like it's never ending sometimes. But now it is 12:20 in the morning on New Years Day. So first and foremost Happy New Year and I hope your 2007 is everything you hope it to be. Hope you make and keep your resolutions, whatever they may be. What were you doing at midnight? Partying with friends, at Times Square to watch the ball drop, in a hot tub drinking wine? The last one is what I was doing at midnight with my family. Yes we are insane...especially since it was FREEZING RAIN out...and my God it was cold!! We started the tradition last year and this year had my sister and her boyfriend home to join in the festivities...to top it off we were listening to my voicetracks on the radio...it was a good way to kick off the new year. Although...I was a little upset I didn't get to spend it with Rich, but when distance is an issue there's not much you can do about it. I make do and spend it with family and friends. So 2007...my main goal is to find a full time job. I can't keep paying my bills if I don't get either a full time job or a fourth part time job. I'm so freaking stressed about it too after counting my expenses this past month and what I actually made in relation to that...I'm getting kind of worried that I'm not going to be able to make it. Then what do I do? Another goal (yes I don't call them resolutions...goal is a more realistic term) is to lose weight...I'll continue at the gym and keep trying to watch what I eat...hopefully it'll pay off...I notice a difference when I work out and it makes me feel better about myself...so gonna try to keep that up this year. Moving on to IBX...I'm getting some positive praise from co-workers and my boss...but I just don't have fun there anymore. Not that every job should be fun...but writing for me always used to be fun...now I'm getting to not like doing it much...reason for not posting much lately. I hate that I'm starting to hate what I love. I used to write poems and short stories and fiction all the time...now I can't get the motivation because I have to do it on a daily basis. To me...that's not good. Hence the reason I really need to get a full time job...spending almost 7 days at the stations for relatively low pay is really wearing me out and starting to irritate me. What can I do though? Anyway...HAPPY NEW YEAR!! It's 2007 live it up...enjoy it...

No comments: