Sunday, January 21, 2007

Landed It

So I didn't post about my job interviews like I had promised. Sorry about that...been pretty busy. The Herkimer Interview went well. I had to do a writing test, which I thought was pretty easy. The OD Interview was the one that I loved. They are starting to go more high-tech and have been having reporters shoot some footage and learn to edit it using Avid. Things I all did in H-Triple-C...and would love to put my Radio/TV experience with my Journalism experience. Two days after my interview at Herkimer I got a call from the guy I met with...he offered me the position. So I had some thinking to do. I talked to the guy from the OD and he told me to take the position at the Herkimer Evening Telegram and get the experience behind me, and he would stay in touch with me about possible positions with the OD. So even if it's 6 months down the line...maybe eventually I'll work at the OD. So I took the position in Herkimer. As of Feb. 5 I will be a full-time reporter. Never thought I would be doing the reporting full time. Should be interesting. I'm kind of nervous and anxious, but after a few weeks I'm sure I'll be more comfortable with my position. I just hope I love doing it full-time. We'll see. So tomorrow I'm heading on into the station to give my notice to WIBX and to talk to my boss for Lite. I already told him I got the position, so he wanted to talk to me more about it. Bottom line...I'm excited to be finally doing something full time, but at the same time this new chapter of my life brings some concerns and more stress...things I won't go into this time...maybe later. We'll see what happens and I'll keep you posted.

No comments: