Saturday, March 18, 2006

I'm Back!!!

I bet you thought I disappered off the face of the planet...lol. No really, I'm still around. Been really busy with my final semester at school and working tons. Filled in for mid-days a few times because our mid-day host left in December. I'm also alternating working the All 80's Saturday Night which is an all request show, so I'm doing well for myself right now. I'm also an intern at one of our sister stations, WIBX. I've been doing a lot of writing there, and interviewing people and the works. It's been fun...I don't know if that might lead to something more permanent when I graduate. If it does I'd have to leave Lite, and I don't know if I want to do that. The DJ part of me wants to play music. You'll never believe the rush I get whenever I open the mic and get to talk. Especially during prime listening times. You know people at work, home or in the car are listening. Maybe not hanging on to every word you're saying, but you know their there. Then you get to talk to the listeners on the phone, or see them at remotes. You'll never believe the feeling I got when for the first time someone called me up to make a request and actually said my name and that they loved listening to me. Anyway, going full-time anywhere in the business would be a great start for me, but I'm not ready to give up the DJ end of it yet...there's too much I want to do in this career. I guess we'll see what happens, and trust me I'll keep you posted. I'm still stuck on overnights once a month, but they have no one else to fill it now, so you do what you have to do, and I'm the youngest person there, so I guess in some sense it's only fair. I have to pay my dues, just like everyone else has done. I don't mind too much, it just ruins my weekend. Classes are going okay. Spring break was this past week, I visited my sister and her boyfriend out in Boston for a few days, but came back in time to have a station meeting and do that important stuff as well. Everyone around me has a cold, so I think I'm bound to catch it at some point. Try being on the radio with a cold...been there done that...sounded like shit!! :) Anyway, the guy in my previous post all the way back in December didn't work out in case you were wondering. Try two shy people together, he was just too uncomfortable...it was the LONGEST night of my life...lol...he now has another girlfriend. We're friends and talk on line often. There is another guy who has been getting a lot of my attention lately...I'm not going to say anything yet, but stay tuned, there's bound to be something!! Anyway, gotta go do work or something...stay tuned for posts...I promise this time!

No comments: