Monday, March 20, 2006

Writing...

Since I was a little girl I felt that writing helped me express myself. I often write poems to express myself. Right after September 11th happened, I wrote a poem that really kind of put me on the map. It was published in some local publications (including my high school yearbook). I have various poems that I thought I'd post up here and get your feedback on. I'm not posting all of them because some are too personal, but take a read and enjoy!! Expectations Life isn't as we all expect It doesn't go that way We have to make the most of it And take it day by day Have no regrets about the past And do not live in fear Of what might come and never does Just put your focus here Here in this moment, that's the place To make the most of life Whatever comes just turn it 'round Create some joy from strife I know you have that strength in you I've seen it there before Just draw on that to see you through Don't look back anymore It's Up To You One song can spark a moment, One flower can wake the dream. One tree can start a forest, One bird can herald spring. One smile begins a friendship, One hand clasp lifts a soul. One star can guide a ship at sea, One word can frame the goal. One vote can change a nation, One sunbeam lights a room. One candle wipes out darkness, One laugh will conquer gloom. One step must start each journey, One word must start each prayer. One hope will raise our spirits, One touch can show you care. One voice can speak with wisdom, One heart can know what's true. One life can make the difference, You see, It's Up To You! Cherished Friends God must have known there would be times We'd need a word of cheer Someone to paise a triumph Or brush away a tear. He must have known we'd need to share The joy of "little things" In order to appreciate The happiness life brings. I think he knew our troubled hearts Would sometimes throb with pain At trials and misfortunes Or some goals we can't attain. He knew we'd need the comfort Of an understanding heart To give us strength and courage To make a fresh, new start. He knew we'd need companionship Unselfish...lasting...true, And so God answered the heart's great need With cherished friends...like you. My Special List I have a list of folks I know... all written in a book, And every now and then... I go and take a look. That is when I realize these names...they are a part, not of the book they're written in... but taken from the heart. For each name stands for someone... who has crossed my path sometime, and in that meeting they have become... the reason and the rhyme. Although it sound fantastic... for me to make this claim, I really am composed... of each remembered name. Although you're not aware... of any special link, just knowing you, has shaped my life... more than you could think. So please don't think my greeting... as just a mere routine, your name was not... forgotten in between. For when I send a greeting... that is addressed to you, it is because you're on the list... of folks I'm indebted to. So whether I have known you... for many days or few, in some ways you have a part... in shaping things I do. I am but a total... of many folks I've met, you are a friend I would prefer... never to forget. Him We exchanged glances, and that one smile. Now your face clouds my vision, for quite awhile. We became friends, as if by fate. Deep down inside, it feels like you're my soul mate. But I'll remain your friend, if you'll remain mine. Maybe someday we'll be more, maybe it's some great design. It's so hard to understand, what is going on in my head. You're over there with your friends, and I long to be there instead. I long for your touch, and your sweet scent. That's when I know, I'll be more than content. But for now I'll remain, a friend to you. Until the day we may be, something better and new. Inspiration ~Dedicated to my boss Michele Kohl~ Looking you in the eyes exchanging that remark smiling at those words carrying on a conversation sending you that important e-mail Relying on you countless times We've laughed and you've been my inspiration I've opened up many times and let you see inside Something not many people see I still look you in the eyes and share those remarks and you seem to understand You're my inspiration-- in more ways than one. Someone I need to talk to, when all is going wrong. Despair ~a teenage poem about growing up in today's society~ I am filled with thoughts never ended I am filled with thoughts that consume my mind until it's about to explode I am consumed with thoughts of never being able to grow old In the world like the one today, the end to life may be waiting just around the corner A young youth with a gun and no experience Or a violent showing of one person's anger You never can be too sure of what's stored in the future For the world has gone corrupt with no solution In days like today there is little hope for society ever to be peaceful and little attempts to correct the wrong that is now done. Many people live their lives in fear of their own shadows Many are afraid of the unknown for it may be the unwanted People live their lives behind locked doors, afraid to face the world with open eyes. Because those who keep their eyes open are disturbed by what they see The world is going downhill fast The pollution, the violence, the substance abuse. The ill, the starved, the poor, the bigots, the anger, the sorrow, the grievance, the confused How did the world come to be so bad? Will the world eventually open their eyes long enough to correct the wrong? or willthe world become ever blinded? Children of the world need to see through all the wrongdoing and see a new light. A light of how the world should be, and how to get the world the way it has never been. The children of the future need to find a solution to the world's problem or the world will be lost in ever-long despair. Memories and Dreams The past is gone but the future remains I long to go back to my childhood days When life was so simple Not a care in the wrold Not having to deal with hate And people you didn't like I search for answers everyday To why my life brought me here this way The hugs from old friends The happiness brought by new friends The laughter at work The first kiss Never will be forgotten The memories always remain Dreams are the future Having to say goodbye to friends Not sure if you'll ever see them again The pain I feel no one knows The dreams I have are big Hopefully with them I will succeed But the memories will always be there To look back on When I'm feeling down The past is gone but the future still remains Stress What's that stiffness in my neck? Feel that lump come in my throat Stomach dropping to my knees Feel like I just missed the boat Panic rising to my head Heartbeat racing, breathing fast Cand I do it? Will I fail? How long will these feelings last? Apprehension overwhelms Nervous twitching, fingers curled Tension headache, aching back All these symptoms now unfurled Now my body's overrun Hormones racing from my glands Must release it, let it out How to do it's in my hands Lost our way of fight or flight Stored up anger, unreleased Words and shouting flung about Now it's time that raging ceased. Relaxation, that's the key Integration of the mind Excercise, good food to eat Leave those worries far behind Hold that stress out at arm's length Draw it, write it, let it go Roll it in a little ball Throw it out, release that woe. Find the tools you have inside Make a choice to be serene Welcome stress, become it's friends Don't put life in quarantine. Music Here all alone, With the stereo on, Lie back and listen until all else is gone. Lost in the music, Consumed by the sound, Singing along when there's no one around. Voices that move me, Emotions so real, Their words flow right through me, Their music I feel. It runs through my veins, And makes me feel whole, I feel their music with my heart and soul. Tired I'm tired. Tired of life, tired of me, tired of who I'm supposed to be. Tired of always being nice and watching what I say, Tired of holding in my feelings, and pretending it's okay. Tired of living day to day, and just barely getting by, Tired of keeping in the tears when I really want to cry. I'm tired of all this pressure and of always being stressed. Tired of everybody wondering why my life is such a mess. But most of all I'm tired of hoping things will change, Then being disappointedwhen they end up just the same. One In A Million One happy thought is the joy to life One lasting love is worth the sacrifice One adventure we have is off the cliff One life we live is a sane gift One view we see is a good creation One thing to be done is for appreciation One good reason is very clever One life-long friend is to be forever One lie is worth confessing One act of kindness is a million blessing As The Time Now Passes I've never felt this way before never felt some love The only greater love I've felt comes from up above Sometimes I'm not sure what to do or even what to say because as I said a bit ago I've never felt this way Should I laugh or should I cry but it would not be sadness for when a person feels this way the emotion seen is gladness I do not talk, I simply look and hope my eyes can speak the words my mouth can't find to say in a day or in a week And as the time now passes I wonder if they know how much they mean to me I fear it will not show And so I hope and I feel sure that those who need to see can see those feelings that aren't spoken those feelings inside me. I Know You ~Dedicated to my late grandmother! I miss you and love you!~ You've touched my life in many a way, helped me live though many a day, don't put the wrong meaning behind when I say I know you... You've filled my eyes with tears, filled my dark days with cheer, I will not wait a year to see you... My shoulder's here for you, when you're feeling blue, I may not know what to do but I'll listen... If I bring you a laugh, my day's better by half, some might think I'm riff-raff but not you... You're a true inspiration, honest, kindly and patient help me through my frustration and never complain... When I think that I've caused pain, or feeligns like cold rain, it sure drives me insane I love you... For all that you've done, what you've helped me become, you are second to none and I'm proud... Proud to have met you, I will never forget you, and I'll sure enough bet you I'm not alone... For each life that you touch, the effect is so much, stronger than the tightest clutch you're Immortal... Even though you are gone, although life moves along, when I hear that one song you'll be there... Angels low, I will think, when my heart starts to sink, I'll look up with a wink and say hi... Our lives have touched, our friendship means much, conversations gave such a warm feeling... Though the mortal form dies, I can tell you no lies, in this woman's eyes you're forever... Poem Of Life When's the last time you watched kids on a merry-go-round? Or listened to the rain as it tickled the ground? Have you followed a butterfly's erratic flight, Stood and gazed at the sun as it faded to night? You had better slow down. Don't dance so fast. Time is short. The music won't last. Do you rush through each day as if on the fly, never catch up however you try? When the day is done do you lie in your bed with the next hundred chores running through your head? You had better slow down. Don't dance so fast. Time is short. The music won't last. Have you ever told your child, "we'll do it tomorrow?" And in your haste, not seen her sorrow? Ever lost touch, let a good friendship die because you never had time to call and say "Hi"? You had better slow down. Don't dance so fast. Time is short. The music won't last. When your running so fast to get somewhere You miss half the fun of getting there. When you worry and hurry through your day, It is like an unopened gift just thrown away. Life is not a race. Do take it slower. Hear the music. Before the song is over. Comfort Zone I used to have a comfort zone where I knew I couldn't fail The same four walls of busy work were really more like jail. I longed so much to do the things I'd never done before, But I stayed inside my comfort zone and paced the same old floor. I said it didn't matter, that I wasn't doing much I said I didn't care for things like diamonds, furs and such. I claimed to be so busy with the things inside my zone, But deep inside I longed for something special of my own. I couldn't let my life go by, just watching others win. I held my breath and stepped outside and let the change begin I took a step and with new strength I'd never felt before, I kissed my comfort zone "goodbye" and closed and locked the door. If you are in a comfort zone, afraid to venture out, Remember that all winners were at one time filled with doubt. A step or two and words of praise, can make your dreams come true. Greet your future with a smile, success is there for you! Quiet Emotions ~Dedicated to you...you know who you are~ I always wanted more from you than you were willing to give; So now we've gone our separate ways each with different lives to live. The bond will always be there the friendship always intact; But the time for us has come and gone and the pages of time, you can't turn back. I will always be a friend to you and wonder how you are; The smiles and laughter I will remember and our fights have become painless scars. Sometimes on those busy days when you've a thousand things to do; Please let me glide slowly through your mind and spend some time with you. In that quiet moment when you're surprised to find me there; Just remember even with the distance between us I am still someone who cares. Why Why does the sun rise and give light, only to set again to soon? Why do stars twinkle so bright, only to pass away with the moon? Why does a rainbow appear with colors to show, only to fade for no apparent reason? Why does a flower take so long to grow, only to wilt during the winter season? Why does snow fall so mysteriously and lay, only to change and then melt? Why do people enter our lives along the way, only to leave us when they know how we feel? I guess noone will really know why, but God above. But we should be happy for all those creations we had some time to know and to love. You Were Always There ~Also dedicated to my grandmother who I miss greatly!~ Whenever I needed someone to talk to You were always there. My eyes filled with tears, my heart filled with pain, and You were always there. There was no time when I had doubt to come to you because You were always there. I could see in your eyes you wanted to help and that you really cared. Whenever I was down and blue You were always there. No matter my problems or what was wrong You were always there. Whenever I felt like nothing matters You were always there. Now you're gone and I don't know what to do I close my eyes and think of you and how You were always there. It's hard to look at the pictures and get memories of you Can you hear me now At night I pray and I speak to you. I gues you were right when you told me no matter how far you were You would always be there. I know one day I'll see you again but until then I have to say goodbye. Even though it hurts to hear your name and speak of you One thing I will always say is You were always there. That's it for the poems this time around! Stay tuned for some more at some point...I'm in the process of writing a few more poems and it should be up here within a week or so...let me know what you think of these ones or what you want my next post to be!!

No comments: