Sunday, March 19, 2006

Another Overnight

Well I guess when someone does back to back posts very early in the morning two days in a row, you begin to wonder if they have a life...lol...well trust me I do, but I'm bored. Yeah...I'm on an overnight at the station, it's so much fun!! (Can you sense the sarcasm?) I love my job...really I do...but sometimes on these shifts I have to keep telling myself that! I work midnight to 6 then I go home and sleep for 7 or 8 hours and it feels like I waste my whole weekend away. I have to go back to classes tomorrow. Senior year spring break is over...kind of depressing. It's a down stretch until graduation. I know it won't come fast enough, but once it does, what the hell am I gonna do? That thought keeps running through my mind. I guess I deal with the future when the future comes, right? Sometimes it's a scary feeling to not know what is going to be happening in 3 months. Any of you feel that way at one point or another? Yesterday I went to the Skating Club of Utica's annual ice show. For those of you that don't know, I grew up pretty much on ice skates. I took lessons for 7 years...I guess it helped that my aunt and 2nd cousin are coaches for the club. I loved it...I remember dressing up in those little costumes and getting so nervous before skating before judges in some dance tests that I took. So why did I stop you ask...it's so expensive. The skates you need could be $600 a boot. Then lessons and everything, it just got to be too expensive, and it also got to be to the point where I would have to skate everyday, and with school I just couldn't do it all. So I left some very good friends. Many years after that I went back every year to watch my friends skate and receive flowers in their "senior" performances. I couldn't help thinking that I wanted to be back out there. You know it was some time just for me. Being a middle child was so hard growing up. Skating was where I stood out. I got to do something totally different then my sisters. I felt a rush everytime I went out there...almost like the rush I get when I get ready for a talk break on the radio. So anyway, I was at the show. I didn't know anyone anymore (except for the coaches) and this time I didn't think as much about the skating part. My 2nd cousin is the announcer for the show. He's been a DJ on various radio stations in the past, along with coaching the club. I guess that part runs in the family. Now he does commercials for the most part (one which airs on our station). So this time I thought I should be up there announcing the acts too...lol. I just thought it would be fun. I guess the moral of this story is that I am still a skater at heart I think. I would love to get back on the ice. Of course I don't own skates anymore and I probably couldn't stand if my life depended on it, but I think it would be great to try to get back out there. I'll have to go out to an open skate sometime and skate again. It was one part of my life that I don't think was completely fulfilled in that sense. I lost touch with the friends I had made, but I've moved on...I just think I missed out...anyway, that was just on my mind tonight after watching the ice show. So who watches American Idol? I'm a big fan...big Carrie Underwood fan too. I know that was lat year...but she's awesome. Her CD is totally awesome so pick it up if you have the chance! Anyway, I guess I have to do some work now...depressing I know...but hey that's what I get paid for.

No comments: