Saturday, March 25, 2006

Some Thoughts...

Well I've been waiting just about all day to write this post. So now's as good a time as any, right? Yeah...notice it's kind of early yet again. So I think my PD likes to torture me...lol...no really I'm just kidding...don't tell him I said that...lol. I was called in to work the overnight...it's going to be a VERY long day for kimmie!! I go home at 6 to try to get some sleep, then working 4-7 then 8-midnight. It's going to be a long day to say the least! It's an All 80's Saturday Night though...we always have fun during that...so make sure you make your requests tonight! So these thoughts I had were not really related to my PD trying to torture me or anything :) I was just generally thinking during classes today (yeah senioritis has finally caught up with me) and it's always scary when you get me thinking. Most of you know that it can be a dangerous situation. :) Anyway, I got to thinking about dating. You know...I really don't see the point of the whole thing. I know that might sound bad, but hey it's my blog and I can talk about anything I want. lol...what's the definition of dating? It's a verb and it means to go out with someone. Yeah...that was hard to figure out...I looked it up on line :) So what do you generally do on dates? Dinner/movie...something like that usually...okay, that's fine. What else should you be doing on dates? No...contrary to popular belief, the answer is not making out. You should be getting to know the person, right? That's the purpose of dating, is it not? Get to know someone else and see if you enjoy their company. Yeah I know...I'm smart, I figured that out all on my own. So apparently, according to the definition of dating, you have to actually physically go out and do something. Well with the Internet the way it is today, more and more people are meeting people online. The problem is, it's happening to kids too...that's a whole other story which I don't want to get into now. But, I've met a few people online before and it's just not the same as physically meeting someone and being able to talk to them before you decide that you have enough in common to go out and get to know each other better. So back to my point about dating. Friday and Saturday nights are what many food places would call "prime nights," same with movie theaters. They live on those days...I think it's a rip-off. Have you seen the prices of movie tickets lately? It's astrinomical. We don't have a choice but to pay it if you want to go out on a date, or even just go as a family to a movie. Trust me, I'm not against dating at all :) Sometimes I just have to go off on these speals because it was on my mind today. Bottom line...I think it's become extremely pricey to take anyone out anymore. But we pay it don't we? I just like being with a person. We don't have to be paying all this money or doing anything extra special. My definition of date probably wouldn't be a verb, because we don't have to be doing anything. I just enjoy someone's company. Anyway...I don't know if anyone at all agrees with my take on dating...but hey with senioritis kicking in, I have to think about something...lol. Just don't get me wrong...I'm not against dating...I always like spending time with someone :)

No comments: