Monday, May 04, 2009

Loving it

I'm finally happy. Happy about almost everything!

The call came in Friday evening. I got my first choice job with the new Girl Scout council. As of June 1 I will be the Media Manager, which focuses more on what I'm interested in then my current job does. Currently I do everything communications related, whether it be press releases, covering events the council holds, writing grants, designing and writing publications, etc. Now I will be communicating with media from throughout the 26 counties our council will serve. I'll be writing press releases, securing coverage for our council events, covering council events, and so on. 60% of the time I will be traveling throughout the council jurisdiction, which I'm really excited about. I like to travel and get out and meet people, so it'll be great to have this opportunity. My homebase will still be in the New Hartford office since I was told you get to choose the office you want to work out of. It's great! The stress from all of this has finally come to an end since I actually know where I'll be a month from now. As it got down to the point where you didn't know where you were going to be in 2 or 3 months, everyone around here was on edge, but as soon as I got the call I felt a weight lift off of my shoulders. This is where I'm supposed to be and I'm excited about this new challenge and this new opportunity. Did I mention I get like a $6,000 raise? Yeah...sweet, right?

The celebrations are coming this weekend! My parents are taking me out to dinner on Saturday to celebrate. I'm hoping to be able to save up for a computer and a car, so I should be able to do that now that I'll be making more. I'm excited. I feel bad though since some of our co-workers aren't moving on...it's hard to be excited for myself but also know that they didn't get positions. It's hard.

I know I said I'm finally happy about almost everything in my life, but my work sometimes is all I have. I don't get to see my friends too much because they're busy working too (have to make a living somehow), and I don't get to see my boyfriend much because he doesn't live around here, but for once in my life it doesn't matter much. I'm happy, and right now...nothing can change that!

No comments: