Thursday, December 17, 2009

Something...

There's something about this time of year that is so peaceful - so surreal - so wonderful!

It's been a stressful year, I'm not quite sure about a few things, and I'm struggling with a few other things, and feel like I'm running on empty. Then you have parties or get together with family, friends, and loved ones and you remember just why you're here. At least I do. With the Girl Scout council being just 5 months old it has been a very stressful transition and micro-managing and learning for everyone. Everyone thinks their way is best and it gets to be very difficult to focus on the reason you're here. It's for the girls. They get a safe environment away from the other pressures of school and boys and peer pressure. It's focusing on that and some of the amazing stories that I hear about everyday that keep me going. That and the time we, as co-workers, get to get together. It's hard being spread across 26 counties now - you can't connect with people as easily, so when our office gets together it's great. We had a Christmas party today and ordered food in and played some games - it was really amazing.

Now I'm hoping that the week we're off between Christmas and New Years gives us all a chance to rejuvenate and take a step back from everything we're going through to make us all stronger for the New Year.

There's just something peaceful about this time of year that makes me not care about the little things as much. I focus on the things that matter like being with my family and being thankful that it has been another wonderful year and that we're all healthy and there to celebrate it together. There's things more important then what gift to get or what cookies to bake...it's the time with your family that can't be replaced. Treasure it. Remember it. And never forget it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Kim! Sorry for the random blog comment, but I couldn't find a working email contact on your blog. I was wondering if you might be interested in reviewing or giving away something from my site Cookware.com on your blog. It can be anything on our site $50.00 or less. Take a look and see if this is something you'd be interested in. You may email me at CSNPromoTeam@csnstores.com if you have any questions at all. - Jamie