Thursday, March 12, 2009

Stress rears its ugly head

I guess the title pretty much says it all. I have been beyond stressed lately. So much to do at work, never getting to hang out with my friends, hardly ever seeing my boyfriend all adds up to one stressed woman.

I went to the doctors last week. It was just a physical, but I had them look at my wrist since I sprained that about 3 weeks ago. I also mentioned to them that I have been getting chest pains. Chest pains are usually not good...so I have a stress test set for next week. I really don't think it's heart related, which is what a stress test looks for. I'm young and relatively healthy, so I think it's all in conjunction with the stress I've been under lately. I also exercise on a daily basis now and think that may have started it too. I used to get panic attacks when I was really stressed or really upset, but that seemed to stop after I left the job I had at that time. I hope those aren't starting up again. These don't feel like panic attacks, just chest pains. So we'll just have to wait and see what happens with the stress test I guess.

As I mentioned, work is beyond hectic. Every time I think I'm getting caught up more things come to me and people want them ASAP and it's hard to prioritize. I'm good on deadlines and I do things that need to be done, but when it's all at once I have to do the ones that are most pressing first. We are working on two publications at once now and I think that's causing a lot of the stress too. One of them is almost done, but everything seems to be neverending. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel though as my vacation is (hopefully) going to be set for April soon. I need time away from everything!

So I hope you like the new look of my blog and the new title! I will be checking in again soon!

No comments: