Friday, March 13, 2009

Cookies, Cake, Candy

It's everywhere! You can't escape it! It chases you down and makes you eat it!

Ok maybe it's not that bad, but as a person who loves sweets, it is awfully hard to say no to all the temptations around. That's why I wonder if when I get down to my goal weight (only 48 pounds to go!) I will be able to stay there. They say it takes about a year to completely change your eating habits. My problem is...if it's there, I eat it. Had halfmoons this week, a canoli, two slices of cake...I'm a sucker. I have to get back on track for next week. I'm really trying, but it is SOOOOO hard lately. People also talk about emotional eating, and I Can see that. If you're stressed, you eat, if you're sad, you eat, if you're tired, you eat...I think that's how I got where I did because I am an emotional eater. It's time to shake that habit. Sweets make me feel better for some reason. Maybe if I could eliminate some of these bad emotions I'm having it would help too. That's hard to do though. Stress is an inevitable for me, sadness is too right now unfortunately, tiredness I've gotten used to going to bed if I'm tired...not going to grab an ice cream or something.

I've been proud of my 30 pound loss so far, so I can't slip up now. After all that hard work I'm moving forward. I will reach my goal (hopefully) by the end of this year! It'll be hard, but I can't live like I used to. I wasn't happy with myself. I'm feeling better and loving it. Now if only some other things in my life would change for the better, it would be a wonderful feeling!

No comments: