Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Is there something in the air?

I don't know if it's happening to you, but it seems that everyone I know is breaking up. Couples that seemed perfectly happy together are no more. And it's people that have been together for many years. I started wondering if it's the economic troubles that are playing a role. Maybe people realize they would never be able to support a couple and it's over *snaps fingers* just like that.

It got me thinking the other day how lucky I am. Lucky to have found someone who seems to really love me. He does everything in his power to make me happy. I can be very hard on him sometimes, although sometimes I think it's allowed because he doesn't always take my feelings into account. It's not easy being so far away all the time, but we've made it work for almost 3 years now. It's also not easy dating someone who has children. I've never ventured into that world before. He wants me to be the "mother-figure" in his daughters life. I want to be her friend. Someone she can trust as she gets older and feel that she can talk to about anything. I know it also comes with "mother-like responsibilities" but I don't want to take on that role. Well it's not really that I don't want to...it's more like I don't think it's fair to her mom.

I often think about my future. With realignment coming up June 1 and having to apply for a job again, interview and *cross my fingers* get a job within the new council, I can't help but think about my future. I wish I had money to move out of my parents house. There's so many things I still want to do with my life and so many more career paths I want to follow. God has a plan for everyone and wherever I end up is where I'm supposed to be.

You never know what is going to happen with your life but with so many people I know suddenly breaking up, it's a time to reflect at where I am at the moment. I have a job, I have a family that loves me and helps me with whatever I need, I have an amazing boyfriend who is loving and supportive, I have a place to live. It may not be an extremely glamourous life since my life basically revolves around work, but it's my life, and it's a life I love.

So where will I be next year? I don't know...but half the fun is finding out.

No comments: