Monday, January 26, 2009

Easier said than done

I've struggled with weight my entire life. Well my sisters had no problem eating fast food everyday and downing soda, every time I did, it showed. That's not to say I didn't eat fast food and all the chocolate I wanted, and not to mention the soda I drank. I take after my mom. I blame a lot of it on my jobs I had. I was stressed and I was upset and not happy with life, and therefore I ate. It always makes you feel better to eat, right? So I made a vow to myself. If I got this job (the one at the Girl Scouts) I would join Weight Watchers and start getting my act together. I got the job and less than a month later, my mom and I joined Weight Watchers. I'm still doing well, but I've been slipping lately with my eating, so I started tracking everything I'm eating again.

It's been 3 months and I've lost 21 pounds well my mom's lost 25 pounds, and we're still going. Last week was a bad week for me...you see my problem is I like food too much, especially sweets. My mom can't have chocolate and isn't a huge sweet eater, she just overate on things, so it's not as hard for her. If there's something in the house, I want it. I'm working on that. I compare it with quitting smoking. Not that I ever smoked, but you have to change your habits...completely. And you can't go back or it'll shoot back up again.

I've made a commitment to myself from this point forward. I'm tracking what I'm eating, I'm cutting back what I'm eating and going cold turkey (no more sweets for me!), and I'm going to start exercising twice a day, with an occassional break here or there so I don't kill myself by exercising everyday. I'm bound and determined that it's going to work. I'm happy with my job, happy with my family, happy with my friends, now it's time to take care of me so I become happy with myself. It will work and I will continue my quest towards my goal weight (only 59 pounds to go!)

No comments: