Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's Christmas time...

So 15 days and counting until Christmas. I haven't really been in the Christmas spirit this year. I've done things I'm supposed to, such as put up Christmas lights outside and put up the tree and decorations. I even did some baking and went to battle the crowds to do Christmas shopping, not to mention listen to Christmas music. But, in the end, I'm just not as enthusiastic as I was last year. I am looking forward to Christmas, but this year there's nothing I need. I've asked people to give to some charities in my name. Those people need it more then I do. I'm looking forward to Christmas only because my sister is coming home for Christmas for the first time in 4 or 5 years. I can't wait. For me Christmas isn't about the decorations, the cookies, the music, or the hustle and bustle. It's about spending time with people I love. Maybe since my sister is coming home this year it hit me and is just making the whole holiday season not as exciting. It's not about receiving gifts, it's about the baby Jesus being born in a stable in Bethlehem. It's something to keep in mind during your holiday celebrations this year. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. Below are a few poems to maybe get you in the spirit of the season.

Christmas

Hustle and bustle and hurry and run

looking for gifts that bring so much fun.

A visit to Santa we also must make

because of our children for all of our sakes.

The food preparations must get underway

like cookies and candies for our special day.

Gifts must be wrapped and bows must be tied

and trees must be trimmed and lights hung outside.

Cards must be bought and then must be signed

and addressed and mailed to reach friends on time.

The kids must be bathed and tucked into bed

where they will wait to hear Santa's sled.

But when morning comes midst all the squeals,

faces depicting what our children feel;

it makes all the hustle and hurry and run

so very worthwhile for these little ones.

Now let's remember the child in our lives

given to us when God's son arrived.

to teach us to love each other and then

to die on the corss to save us from sin.

The True Spirit of Christmas

Lots of people

Crowds everywhere

Rushing and pushing and shoving,

Going nowhere.

It's Christmas time again

Have to get all those things done

Hustle, bustle, quickly,

We must beat the sun.

Must get this and must get that

Maybe this nic, maybe that nak

When did it happen?

When did we lose track...

It's a race, yes it is

We are running, yes we are

But lets not forget

Before we get too far -

What is really really important

Doesn't take much to figure out

Take time to love

and love from the heart.

The Most Joyful Time of the Year

Christmas...the season of love

Love of family, friends and people in need

Our hearts are happy. Our hearts are warmed.

As we give and as we receive.

And turn away all thoughts of greed.

Christmas...a time for joy

Sleigh bells ring. Skaters twirl.

Sledding glee for boys and girls.

Carolers walk in every town and sing.

Of Christ our Savior. Of Christ our King.

Christmas...the best time of the year

Time to share love from above.

Time for joy. Time for Cheer.

May we share the Spirit of Christmas

Forever throughout the year.

No comments: