Sunday, March 11, 2007

So here we are...

So here it's March 11 and daylight savings time started 3 weeks early much to my dismay. For one I stay until midnight at the station anyway...so losing an hour of sleep is never easy for me. But this time it was even worse and I was exhausted in the morning. So came home from church and took a 2 1/2 hour nap which doesn't happen very often anymore but I was out which is what I needed I guess. So anyway, this post is going to kinda go all over the place 'cause a lot of things on my mind lately. So bare with me and enjoy I guess...lol. First a note to everyone looking to go to a movie. Definitely go see Wild Hogs!! The funniest movie I have seen in a hell of a long time!! I haven't been to a movie in a long time for a couple reasons. One...I never seem to have time. And Two...not many movies are worth $8 a person to see. But Rich and I spent the weekend together so we decided to go to a movie and we were both happy to find that Wild Hogs was definitely worth the money!! Moving on to subject number two. As I mentioned before I got to spend the weekend with Rich. *sigh* makes me spoiled when I get to do that. Not that I'm complaining about it. But then he has to get up early to go pick up his daughter and then get back home to go to work, it sucks. Of course it always sucks when he has to leave, but when I've gotten to spend a weekend with him outside of work it becomes even harder. I do get to see him Wednesday of this week though because he'll be up here working on Lite so at least I don't have to go a full week without getting to see him. And even better...Thursday is our anniversary :) hehe...yeah a year...who would have thought right? Enough said on that... Next wanted to share a poem since it's been awhile since I've done that. This one is from a few years ago. I wrote it for a church homecoming and came across it a few days ago, so let me know what you think and enjoy!! :)
Home
Home is where the fire glows
and keeps us warm at night
Home is where the friends we've made
help us feel alright
Home is where a candle burns
whenever you're away
Home is knowing you'll return
and never lose your way
Home is where the day's misfortunes
find unwelcome hosts
Home is where we learn to value
each other's feelings most
Home is where the heart beats slowly
putting us at ease
Home is where the children wanting
always first say please
Home is wehre the siblings play
and learn to share and give
Home is where the parents learn
the new role they must live
Home is where the budget stands
and fights inflation's pace
Home is where the paycheck finds
its destined resting place
Home is where our children mimic
all we do and say
Home is where we can't get angry
when we don't get our way
Home is where romances finds it
sometimes has to wait
Home is knowing other times
don't always come so late
Home is where we run for shelter
when we need it most
Home is where the air's conditioned
by the Holy Ghost
Home is like a bank account
with Internet paid each day
Home is where an early withdrawal
penalty is paid
Home is where the Lord is watching
giving us much light
Home is where Love rules supreme
forgiving when we fight
Home is where the good and bad
are shared with equal will
Home is where there's so much to give
we always get our fill
Home is where you and I
will learn and Lovve and Give
Home is where our love will last
much longer than we live
Home is not just a place with walls
where everything should fit
Home is a torch we pass along
for our children to keep lit

No comments: