Saturday, August 19, 2006

Local Train Accident

Ok...so the subject says it all...or does it? As mentioned, there was a train accident this past week...but it wasn't just any train accident. No one on the train was injured. That's the good news...the bad news...well look at the car in the pic... that's the car that was involved in the accident with the train. The question becomes, what the hell happened? No one really knows. All that is known is that 5 teens were in the car driving along...there were no gates or anything at the railroad tracks, there was only a stop sign, which I guess was partially hidden by a tree. It was about 6:30 at night...so it was getting dark but not completely yet. I don't know if the teens tried to beat the train or if they didn't know it was coming. How could you not know a train was coming? Wouldn't you hear it or see the lights, or something? I don't get it at all. One of the teens is dead as of now, and the other 4 or in local hospitals recovering, I think anyway. Haven't heard of any others dying well at the hospital. I just keep thinking that this is really weird. Now all over news is train safety this and train safety that. Yeah...well...I think they were just 16, 17, 18 year old teens that were just cruising along and thinking they were hot shit and could beat this train or something. I, along with many people I talk to, am compeletly baffled by what happened, and that's probably not good. I work in the news...I should know what happened. But bottom line...I don't...maybe the police can enlighten us at some point...

No comments: