Monday, August 18, 2008

This is why we don't hold yard sales...

I'm exhausted and the yard sale is still a week away. That's right, we're holding a yard sale, and if you've ever held one, you know what I'm talking about. It's a hell of a lot of work. We've been going through everything we have, which is good because we've been cleaning out and able to get rid of a lot of stuff, but we have a basement full of stuff and a living room full of stuff we're selling. It's technically my sale, so I have to then price everything, which takes a lot of time. I can't wait until the weekend is over with. Yes, that's when we're holding it. Saturday and Sunday. I just hope the weather cooperates.

My mom told me if I did all the work for it I could keep the money we raise, so that's what I'm doing. It's a lot of work though so now I know why she didn't want to. lol. Of course both my parents have been going through things too, but when it comes to getting stuff together and pricing things, it's a lot of work. So I'm working on it this week, doing the last minute stuff and bringing things up from downstairs so we're ready for the weekend. Let's just hope I survive it and make it through to next week...right now I'm not so sure.

No comments: