Saturday, July 12, 2008

And then there was one...

So officially being home from vacation feels nice. It's always good to get away but I missed my family and of course my kitty, so it's good to be back. We got back this morning and unpacked the car and moved Rich's stuff into his car and he took off back to his place. I then managed to unpack things in a pretty timely manner and got to relax. Then went out with my mom and sis shopping and came home again. Did I mention it's good to be back?

The cottage we stayed in was nice. A little small but perfect for 3 people really. We had a very nice week weather wise. Wednesday and Friday were rainy and dreary, but other then that, perfect weather. I managed to get a sunburn the first official day we were there....bad sun burn too....I'm sure it was at least second degree burns on one part. It's my shoulder and chest that got it the worst. It was very painful to take a shower, go out in the sun or sleep for the first few days. It's still very red and started to peel a few days ago so now I'm taking care of it. Needless to say the rest of the week I put sunblock on, but was still in pain. We had fun though. Went into Old Forge shopping and into Eagle Bay and Inlet, they have some great shops up there. I highly recommend it. The lake, Fourth Lake, was also gorgeous. We watched the sunset one night and saw lots of ducks, baby ones too, on our section of the beach.

So one last day left of our vacation and I'm going to watch the Boilermaker tomorrow. Have to be up at 6 a.m. Then I'll come home and nap a bit before we go to a graduation party and a concert tomorrow night. It's a packed day but I'm looking forward to working again. I'm happy to be doing nights because that means on-air work for IBX. I'm really excited about doing that!

Ok, we're going to watch a movie, so that's the low down on the vaca! More to come!

No comments: